Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Holidays are over.....

Peter was sick right before Christmas, through Christmas and for a few days after. He had a high fever and was just really lethargic. He recovered and is doing just fine. We had large plans for New Years, the first in about 7years, and we were excited. We were invited to go down to the Joe Louis Arena for dinner, see the Red Wings game, and back to the Olympia Room for drinks to ring in the New Year. I had a lot of trouble finding a dress (due to all my weight gain) and the thought of wearing heels in the winter was difficult to swallow since I didn't want to break an ankle. Anyway, I found the dress & one of my friends was going to keep both kids for us overnight. About 90mins before we were going to meet up with our friends, we had to cancel our plans since Kiersten's fever spiked up and she became very lethargic! Peter went on to spend the night at his friend's house as planned and we stayed home with Kiersten. It worked out well since we got the 10 inches of snow overnight!
Things happen! Pete was sick with a sore throat last week and I was diagnosed with strep throat yesterday, but we are all doing well despite a constant headache! I went and visited my parents with the kids last weekend since we didn't see them over the holidays and had a great time. My mom is going back to see her family in Laos for the first time in over 30years next month. I wish I could be there with her to see the reunion, but with Peter in school, I can't take off 4 weeks. She is super excited and will be gone for a month. She got all her 'vaccinations' done and her malaria pills ($188 for 27pills!) so she is ready to go!
Onward to getting the kids ready for bed! Good Night!

No comments: