Monday, February 05, 2007

Fierce February!

We didn't make it up to TC this past weekend. I checked the weather forecast Fri night (and packed all our stuff) and again early Sat morning. Unfortuntely, the weather up north and 1/3 of our driving would be hampered by lots of lake effect snow plus the frigid cold wind chill. We decided not to go at the last minute and it was a good choice after speaking with my mom and hearing all those pile ups (20 car & 50 car) on the highways this weekend.
We spent Sat late morning/early afternoon taking the kids up to the mall for a much needed playtime. They really needed to get out of the house b/c I have not taken them out much the past 2 weeks due to weather. Sunday morning, I went grocery shopping (man was it CRAZY...crazy from all the shoppers and some crazy woman was going nuts in the meat dept!) and got out of there as quickly as I could. I'm glad the kids & Pete stayed home b/c I move much quicker without them.
We stayed home and watched the Superbowl. We didn't really have a favorite team and felt both teams deserved to win. For bragging rights only, Pete bet on the Chicago Bears, so I went with the IN Colts. Obviously, I won ( : It was a little funny that it was such a 'sloppy' game due to all the rain, but glad no one got seriously hurt.
NO SCHOOL TODAY!!!! Last night school districts north and south of us were closed, so I had a feeling we'd be closed this morning and it happened! Not that it really matters since Peter is in pre-school and I drive him, but I think that school closed b/c of the wind chill and not being able to get all the buses started. Pete had a heck of a time keeping his car on without having to stay in it and keep his foot on the gas. We can't wait for spring to get here.
Other News....rumor has it that the number of people (DCX) to lose their jobs (including 3 plants closing) will be 10,000 (roughly 10%). There seems to be a lot of uncertaintly b/c no one knows what will happen and Feb 14th can't come quickly enough (the announcement date) b/c we just want to know. Hopefully, Pete will still have his job and can finish up his MBA at their expense. Pete got through the first round a few years back (as a trainee) when they let go of roughly 12,000 people, so hopefully all will be okay this round.

No comments: